Senior Software Configuration Management Analyst (ON-SITE) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Come see what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Missions Systems product line, as part of the C4ISR business unit within the Electronics Systems (ES) sector of BAE Systems, is seeking a qualified candidate to be a member of the Software Configuration Management Team. Because of the needs of this role, work must be conducted at a BAE systems facility.
With minimal direction, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and ensuring successful execution of all SCM activities per the Configuration Data Management Plan and BAE Systems policies and procedures. The SCM will establish and manage software repositories using designated SCM tools for software version and baseline control, using BAE Systems procedures. They will perform and document all required software builds to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines and deliveries. They will execute release and change control functions using the SCM tools in order to ensure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
The SCM will generate and maintain all necessary program software development, release and change records, including status accounting records. They will perform SCM Configuration Control Board activities including establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and publishing and maintaining action items lists. In this senior role, the SCM will be responsible for mentoring more junior SCMs in the execution of all SCM activities.
The SCM must possess a strong understanding and a willingness to train others on SCM tools, and have comprehensive knowledge of company software configuration management processes and standards. They will stay current with industry standards and technology.
- Development of builds, scripts, procedures, and control systems, including source code control and issue tracking.
- Execute software release and change control functions using the designated SCM Tools in an Agile environment, in order to ensure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
- Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment environment and tool set.
- Facilitate Configuration Control Board activities and develop and generate metrics as related to SCM (e.g., issue tracking counts, lines of code).
- Establish and enforce SCM Policy on assigned program(s) as set forth in company procedures or project Configuration Management Plans
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, and 4+ years of related experience or equivalent
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with software compilation, assembly, and delivery of source code into finished products or other software components.
- Experience in establishing and administering tool specific source code libraries, to include software builds, change control, and release management.
- Experience in facilitating a software Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management fundamentals.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab).
- Evaluate SCM systems with the ability to proactively identify problems with the process and/or data integrity.
- Technical writing skills, capable of creating required engineering documentation such as Software Version Description (SVD) documents.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Cross functional collaboration with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Export teams.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- Experience and administration of CM Tools (Jira, Git/Bitbucket)
- Experience and administration of Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience with Agile Scrum/SAFe practices or Agile Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of various scripting languages (e.g., perl, shell, python)
- NDIA Configuration/Data Management Certification
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom