Senior Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Job Description:
The work site location for this position is at our BAE Systems Austin Texas location. Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems has a stimulating opportunity for an energetic well-qualified Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Engineer to join our team. You will work on teams developing and producing a variety of electronic equipment including Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions, were we provide next-generation threat detection and countermeasure solutions to provide unparalleled electronic warfare capabilities to enhance mission survivability. BAE Systems’ RAM Engineers are involved with every stage of the equipment lifecycle from early concept through development, Integration & Test, production and field support. You will have significant interaction across the company including program office, all engineering disciplines and production functions and this will provide for a fast-paced, educational, and fulfilling experience. Your efforts will have a positive impact on front line warfighter’s survival, effectiveness and daily quality of life.
We are seeking a Senior RAM Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree to join our engineering team here at BAE Systems Electronic Systems. You will have opportunities to apply your Engineering skills and your Electrical Engineering education to investigate digital and analog electronics, power supplies, and systems of electronic modules, to ensure Reliability Availability and Maintainability requirements are achieved. Your self-starting enthusiasm for technology, and ability to investigate and solve problems, will propel you to become an integral part of our innovative teams, and influence product development.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure Reliability and Maintainability requirements are achieved.
- Perform Design-for Reliability and Maintainability including reliability and maintainability modeling and analysis and assessments requiring the full use and wide application of engineering theories, concepts and precedents. Conduct research to provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems and proposals. Make technical choices to improve the R&M attributes of the equipment.
- Plan and conduct a variety of reliability and maintainability tests to meet reliability and maintainability goals. Present findings and conclusions with recommended corrective actions to both internal management as well as our customers.
- Perform failure trend analysis, failure investigation and root cause analysis. Coordinate failure analysis with vendors or failure analysis labs. Prepare and review failure reports for publication. Present findings and conclusions with recommended corrective actions to both internal management as well as our customers.
- Participate in proposal activities by preparing proposal inputs including cost and time phasing of tasks, and capture of Risks and Opportunities for management
- Perform internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues.
- Represent the Company at customer meetings as applicable.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 4 or more years of relevant engineering experience or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 2 or more years of relevant engineering experience.
- US Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance.
Our Senior Reliability, Availability and Maintainability Engineer performs the following:
- US Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance
- Reliability Predictions and MTBF Modeling
- Part Stress Analysis
- Maintainability Analysis
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Reliability Testing
- Testability Built-In Test (BIT) Analysis
- Maintainability/BIT Demonstration testing
- Support production by performing Failure Analysis and Corrective Action activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills:
Highly Desirable (these skills/experiences are not required but will set a candidate apart from the rest):
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 2 or more years of relevant engineering experience within the Reliability Sciences disciplines.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the principles of electrical design
- Reliability and Maintainability analysis and reliability growth software tools experience / awareness using ReliaSoft preferred
- AS9145 Design Failure Modes Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Collaboration: You love working with a team and receiving input from others.
- Creativity: You love finding new and creative ways to solve problems.
- Communication: You are able to concisely explain complex subjects in person and in email.
- Make technical choices. Accomplish most Reliability, Maintainability & Safety tasks individually, however may need some supervision
- FRACAS and Root Cause /Failure Analysis experience desired
- Experience in technical documentation and report generation
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom