Senior Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
BAE Systems is looking for a Quality Engineering professional to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting sustainment efforts for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile weapon system. The Minuteman III is a 1970s era weapon system and is scheduled to be retained as the United States military's prompt, global strike deterrent system until at least 2030. This activity is identified as the Integration Support Contract (ISC). The Quality professional has a unique opportunity to lead in enhancing the BAE Quality Management System and support the company’s continued growth and excellence. The position is located at Hill AFB (Clearfield), Utah..
The Quality Engineer plays a crucial role in the organization by ensuring that products and services meet certain thresholds of acceptability. The Quality Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates quality assurance programs and influences quality control policies. The Quality Engineer works to improve the organization's efficiency and profitability by reducing waste and promoting continuous improvement. Specific responsibilities and competencies include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical oversite and guidance for Quality Management System (QMS)
- Provide leadership in maintaining and improving the QMS in accordance with AS9100-D standards and CMMI 2.0 for Services best practices.
- Lead Cross Functional Teams
- Promote a culture and inspire the organization to adopt a quality mindset and challenge teams to be critical, disciplined, and continually strive for excellence. Lead others in the review, analysis, and reporting of quality discrepancies and data related to production.
- Reporting on key performance measures and leading indicators
- Present and report data to leadership on recurring basis
- Corrective Actions
- Lead investigations into identified problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies
- Process Improvement
- Lead process improvement efforts using LEAN and Six Sigma tools to include development of corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization, and modifications
- Internal Auditing
- Coordinate, lead, and report on internal process audits; including issuing and tracking to closure, corrective actions and opportunities for improvement.
Pursuant to Government contract, this position requires US Citizenship status.
BAE Systems is recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for two years in a row.
Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success on the ICBM Integrated Support Contract this year and for years to come.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical field and 7+ yrs directly related experience (5+ yrs with Master's degree). At least 3yrs progressive responsibility in providing technical leadership.
- Understanding and experience with AS9100D standard implementation and QMS
- Auditing to ISO 9110 and AS9100D standards
- Root cause and corrective action plans
- Lean/Six Sigma improvement processes
- Great cross- functional communication and interaction
- Leadership & coaching junior quality associates
- Project management
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Metric implementation, management, and reporting
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance upon hire
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering
Excellent with Microsoft office tools - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Knowledge of SharePoint, Atlassian (Jira), and Epiphany
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom