Senior Proposal Analyst - Remote/Onsite Hybrid Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55421-1402, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description BAE Systems is hiring a Remote/Onsite Hybrid Senior Proposal Analyst to support our Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business Unit. This position sits within the CMS Proposal Support Team (PST) and works closely with Capture Management, Proposal Management, and Program Management to assist in managing the proposal development process. The role will help develop and update all plans, schedules, materials, and files to support the proposal lifecycle. This position will work cross-functionally and coordinate with other functions and leadership to help with all reviews.
- This is a Remote/Onsite Hybrid role where you can work from home 2 days each week and go onsite 3 days each week on average, based on business needs.
- This role will be based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- This position will work on a 9/80 schedule where you will have every other Friday off.
- This role will require up to 10% of travel.
- Assists appropriate staff in moderately complex pre-proposal planning through development of customer intelligence, competitor analysis, and win strategies; may derive information in cooperation with marketing, program management, and function group contributors.
- Assists in BAE Systems capture, preproposal, proposal, and applicable lifecycle management processes to ensure they are followed and tailored appropriately.
- Assists in preparation of proposal artifacts of moderately complex RFPs to determine scope and requirements.
- Assists in moderately complex proposal reviews and evaluation estimates input for adequacy, currency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Follows up on deficient inputs.
- Researches past similar projects or estimates for comparative analysis as required.
- Requests estimates from functional groups or generates estimate data. Clarifies unusual requirements.
- Supports appropriate personnel to develop a Work Breakdown Structure and Program Schedule (including major program milestones) as required.
- Assists in verifying assigned proposals are in compliance with Sections L and M from the RFP.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience in Proposals, Pricing, Contracts, Finance, Business, or similar
- Experience in Data Analysis and Reporting
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to interface cross-functionally to meet business goals
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Degree in Science or Liberal Arts (Business, English, Communications, Journalism, etc.) a plus
- Active Secret Clearance a plus
- Experience in Proposal/Technical Report Writing a plus
- Experience in Defense (FAR/DFARS) a plus
- Experience in Advanced Excel a plus
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom