Senior Program Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in dynamic, cross-functional teams.
- Experience working, interfacing and interrelating with diverse personnel, both operational and technical.
- Must exhibit initiative and leadership skills necessary to obtain results through collaboration with other functions.
- Strong and demonstrated communication skills (written, verbal, visual, electronic, oral) and interpersonal skills (listening, group facilitation).
- Data Collection and Analysis.
- Ability to drive successful completion of Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Self-motivated and able to manage daily priorities with minimal oversight and direction
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills • ASQ Certification: CQE/CQA
• Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
• Experience with AS9100 PPV/AS9102 FAI and AS9145/PPAP
• Experience with a Quality Improvement Program (Zero Defect, Lean Six Sigma, Operational Excellence, etc..)
• Ability to devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
• Perform and Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
• Ability to effectively teach/communicate quality principles and program requirements to non-quality personnel
• Ability to create and manipulate Pivot tables and analyze data
• Secret Clearance
• Experience using TipQA or other Quality Database
• FAA Experience
• Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
• Software Quality Assurance and Test Stand Certification
• Familiarity with Metrology standards
• AS9100 Software Quality Assurance
• Experience with Proposals efforts including developing Basis of Estimates (BOE’s)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom