Senior Principal Hardware Engineer- FPGA Focus - Remote Opportunity. Sign-on bonus Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description FPGA Engineer Senior
Senior Principal Hardware Engineer- FPGA Focus
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Engineers at our Endicott NY location support the following two Business Area’s
Controls & Avionics Solutions (CAS):
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics – whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Power & Propulsion Solutions (PPS):
In Power & Propulsion Solutions, we’re involved with everything from providing efficient, power management on military vehicles to developing eco-friendly, hybrid and electric systems for the commercial world. Be part of a team that is helping to keep the air we breathe much cleaner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of FPGA developers on large scale projects:
- Detailed task planning
- Scheduling of design and verification activities
- Earned Value Management
- Collection and display of detailed performance metrics
- Develop and support FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of the design life cycle:
- Requirements Generation/Decomposition
- Architecture Development
- Design and Implementation
- Device Simulation
- Lab Integration with Electrical and Software Engineering
- Formal Verification
Remote OpportunityRequired Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
- Working knowledge of FPGA programming languages such as VHDL and or Verilog.
- Working knowledge of Tools & Development Environments provided by major manufactures such as Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, and/or Altera. (One, All, or Equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Configuration and Change Management systems such as Doors, Synergy, Windchill, Git, etc. (One, All, or Equivalent)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams with Electrical, Systems and Software engineering has to develop solutions.
- Desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and verification.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field.
- BS with 12+ Years of Experience, MS/PhD with 10+ Years’ Experience
Experience in any the following areas are a plus.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink for auto-generation of FPGA code
- Experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Experience with Hard IP / SoC FPGA elements such as: PCIe Cores, Math Blocks, CPUs, Etc.
- Experience with Soft IP FPGA elements such as: CPUs, PHY’s, Comm Blocks etc.
- Experience with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs.
- Experience with architecture functionality trades with respect to Software/Firmware/Hardware work splits, Dataflow, and ICD generation.
- Experience in a Safety Critical or Functional Safety Real Time Embedded Electronics Industry such as:
- Aerospace, Military, Medical, Automotive, Industrial / Energy / Nuclear, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience with Safety Critical or Functional Safety industry standards such as:
- ARP-4754A, DO-254A, DO-178B, DO-178C, IEC 62304, IEC 62368, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Experience with Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) (e.g. SysML, UML, MagicDraw, Rhapsody)
- Experience with Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) and Tools (e.g. Mentor Graphics Questa)
- Experience with Control Law Development.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom