Senior Principal EO/IR Systems Engineer - Active Sensing Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Engineering & Technology
Merrimack, NH 03054-4898, US
Clearance Level Required
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for bringing innovative and discriminating technologies to bear on next-generation military/commercial applications. As an individual contributor, you will perform in the role of Chief Engineer and System Architect for programs ranging from research and development prototypes to full rate production systems.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect, develop CONOPS and requirements, design, model, analyze, and test electro- optical systems and components used in a variety of active sensing solutions to military/commercial applications.
- Develop information that extends knowledge in the field of active sensing in the EO domain. Apply this knowledge to the development of advanced concepts, techniques, products or standards in active EO sensing.
- Act as a recognized expert, consultant, and advisor to support program and corporate management as well as customers in making strategic technology decisions.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams and aid in the development of junior engineers in the EO domain, supporting their growth through mentoring and training.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Typical Education & Experience .Required Skills and Education
- In-depth working knowledge of: LADAR/LiDAR and/or other active sensing theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR; laser characteristics, atmospheric transmission and modeling; conduct of complex trade studies involving sensors, optical designs, link budgets, SWaP, and environmental constraints; performance testing of EO components, sub-systems, and complete systems.
- US Citizen eligible for Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and practices and working knowledge of DoD product development/lifecycle management.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software, and systems engineers.
- Experience working independently with limited supervision and interacting effectively with project management to achieve project goals. Ability to lead a team.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance
- Experienced in developing systems for integration on Space, Flight, and/or Ground Mobile platforms
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.Throughout your career in the military, you've been dedicated to improving security, defending freedom and making the world a safer place. Now you can continue that commitment through cyber operations, intelligence analysis, and building combat vehicles and electronic systems. We’re proud to provide solutions and services that advance the strength and security of America and our allies – and we’re honored to offer an environment where veterans and reservists can continue doing mission-centered work. In all that we do, we are guided by our company values – trusted, innovative and bold – understanding that it’s not just what we do, but how we do it that underpins our success. + The Organization
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom