Senior Master Scheduler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46818, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
The Master Scheduler is the focal point for coordinating supply chain plans / strategy. The scheduler coordinates the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure the master production schedule satisfies the business requirements. The scheduler develops and implements long-term supply chain strategies through a master production schedule that satisfies customer demand and maintains optimum resource utilization. The scheduler balances current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure successful completion of customer requirements.
The Master Scheduler optimizes the scheduling system by coordinating updates of critical inputs to the ERP system, including such parameters as planning calendar, lead times, time fences, safety stocks, lot sizes, action messages, and other order modifiers. The Master Scheduler will foster, drive, promote, or participate in continual communications with manufacturing, sales, and supply chain teams. Inform all stakeholders of potential problems, opportunities and recommend alternatives related to forecasted and non-forecasted orders.
This position requires that the individual possess a strong understanding of procurement and planning process steps. Candidate will be expected to train and mentor junior level supply chain team members. This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan, and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity, continuous improvement approach, and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
The Master Scheduler will drive to connect analytic insights to decision and action. Scheduler will partner with stakeholders on the development and implementation of projects that improve overall scheduling and risk mitigation. Candidates will manage data and prepared reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master Scheduling experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Significant ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other), inclusive of shop floor control systems
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes
- Sales & Operations Experience / knowledge
- Inventory / stockroom management
- Project Management experience
- Ability to verbally and accurately report production status to program team or factory team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Create presentation materials and give presentations to leadership team, production team, and customers
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Significant ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other)
- Ability to analyze, react, and train on exceptions in MRP, especially around Bills of Material, Material Planning, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and ECOs. The individual would be proactive to reduce exceptions and may influence system change requests to the MRP system. Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain or related field
· Advanced level education completed or in process
· APICS certified
· Ability to implement Lean & Six Sigma improvements
· Root Cause/Corrective Action Skills
· Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in two or more of the following: Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Inventory Management, and Rough Cut Capacity Planning or Production Planning
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom