Senior Malware Software Developer/Reverse Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Antonio, TX 78234, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems has an opportunity for a cyber software developer/malware reverse engineer at Lackland AFB, TX.
Let your skills make a difference by joining our cyber software development teams. Build new cyber tools, develop cutting edge soft capabilities, help us to achieve the critical needs of our mission partners to answer cyber demands that have never been answered before! BAE Systems is seeking developers with the imagination and motivation to develop software solutions/prototypes in six months or less. Once completed, you’re seeking the next solution.. Are you ready for the challenge!
Provides extremely high-level subject matter proficiency in Reverse Engineering of Malware. Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis,
design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on
complex problems that require advanced level knowledge of the subject matter
for effective implementation.
We are looking for a versatile Senior Developer/Malware Reverse Engineer to build working prototypes of the latest and most complex threats to computer and network security. You’ll work cross-functionally with UI, and DevOps engineering teams, and have frequent opportunity to obtain feedback directly from people who work in the dynamically evolving cyber security field.
This is more than an opportunity to reverse engineer the most current and complex network security threats and write amazing code with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how the Air Force visualizes and neutralizes threats to their networks.
- Kernel level software development in either Windows or Linux
- Coding with Python and/or C++
- Ability to script using Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to read code written in C / x86/x64 Assembly
- Firm understanding of Agile development process
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization such as VMware, Docker
- Develop custom software which create effects needed by mission partner
- Refine pre-existing code to meet new parameters required to accomplish mission need
- Identify vulnerabilities in software and hardware
- Analyze and reverse engineer software and hardware systems
- Develop tools to detect, analyze and neutralize malicious login
- Develop software utilities that have a specialized effect on managed networks.
- Develop tools to capture, analyze and neutralize network and attack methodologies
- Document all phases of software development throughout the lifecycle
- Research various technologies identified by mission partners.
- Provide capability demonstrations
Required Skills and Education
Senior level Malware Reverse engineering certification (GIAC GREM) --can be accomplished within 5 months of employment but continued employment contingent on certification
While you will have lots of room to learn and grow, here are the starting requirements:
· Strong knowledge of tools used for malware analysis such as debuggers and dis-assemblers
· Skilled in reversing binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, .NET, and Delphi
· Ability to analyze shellcode; packed and obfuscated code and associated algorithms
· Good understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs
· Familiarity with network protocols and networking concepts
· Some understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques
· Proficiency in Python
· Ability to design and solve complex problems by writing simple, effective code
· Awareness of behavioral based threat models like Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
· Experience with at least one SCM system like Git
· Working knowledge of an Agile methodology like Scrum or Kanban
- 6 or more years of demonstrated software development experience, preferably in cybersecurity.
- Coding languages (C, C++, Java, C#)
- Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Assembly (x86, x86_64, ARM)
- Cyber threat intelligence experience
- Static analysis (IDApro, Ghidra, Radare2, etc.)
- Dynamic analysis (WinDBG, GDB, etc.)
- Network analysis (Wireshark, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Education
BS preferred in software engineering or computer scienceAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom