Senior Logistics Engineer - Airframe Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76137, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description The F-35 Engineering Senior - Logistics candidate is responsible for addressing Action Requests (ARs) relating to the BAE F-35 Airframe/Structure submitted by the F-35 Fleet in support of the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and international customer within the F-35 Air Vehicle System.
Candidate will serve as the main liaison between the Lockheed Martin and military/government customers relating to F-35 operations and the BAE Systems Airframe/Structure.
- Provide F-35 Logistics support of Action Requests submitted from the F-35 fleet by utilizing the Customer Relationship Management Tool (CRM), Lightning II Information Support Tool (LIST), and the Integrated Engineering Database (IEDB).
- Participate in an integrated team of multiple IPTs of both international and US military services
- Determine release of technical information per International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs)
- Author technical documents to include but not limited to released engineering provided by the BAE Systems Design Authority per BAE Systems Local Procedure Governance Note
- Initiate, review, status and close as appropriate Action Requests
- Official liaison between BAE Systems UK and the LM and government customers
- Work in a highly complex and politically sensitive environment
- Perform at a high level in executive meetings involving customer and LM leadership
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, customer focused environment to resolve questions raised by the F-35 community via Action Requests (ARs).
- Established knowledge base of airframe/structural maintenance, tactical aircraft maintenance, and technical publications
- Ability to work in a high stress environment to meet customer needs and expectations at short notice
- Be the main point of contact on all matters relating to the BAE F-35 Airframe/Structure.
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings/blueprints in additional to technical specifications
- Working in a highly complex and politically sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills are required both internally and externally
- Able to perform at a high level in executive meetings involving customer and LM leadership
- Customer relationship management
- Self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal guidance
- Effective reporting of tasks to both senior management and the customer
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Established tactical/working knowledge of the F-35 Airframe/Structure is desired.
Previous military aircraft maintenance experience highly desired About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom