Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our Space Intelligence Technology team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who of skilled, highly respected and long standing engineers, scientists, and analysts supporting the product quality mission for NGA. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to add their skills to our Acadia team in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s (NGA) Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TACQ). The NGA Image Quality and Utility (NIQU) mission within TACQ works to verify and validate product visual quality, as well as the accuracy of the support data, from a variety of digital image collection systems that produce Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT). This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will be responsible for oversight and accountability of security operations and certification and accreditation (C&A) of information systems and networks.
As a Sr. ISSE, you will
- Prepare, maintain and implement System Security Plans that accurately depict the customer’s contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the oversight and accountability of day-to-day security operations of all the information systems (unclassified/classified).
- Support all disciplines within the security program and ensure business needs are met.
- Works directly with program managers and system security engineers on all phases of system life cycle development.
- Implements security measures in accordance with applicable ICDs, NISP, NIST, and guiding government regulations and local facility procedures.
- Conducts ongoing vulnerability testing of the information system to verify security features and operating controls are functional, effective and meet government standards.
- Interact with internal and external customers or government security officials to perform security duties, address routine information security matters with employees regarding issues.
- Implements facility procedures to govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, and transporting media and equipment containing classified content.
- Responsible for changes to the classified system components, environment and location, including temporary relocation to another classified area.
- Assists the Information System Security Officer and the Delegated Authorizing Official in reporting and mitigation of information system security incidents.
- Implement corrective measures designed to prevent future incidents.
An ideal candidate for Sr. ISSE will:
- Be considered a recognized authority within the organization.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Professional Experience: 6+ Years with MS/MA; 8+ Years with BS/BA; 14+ Years with High SchoolMust have 8570 compliant IAT level II Certification
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Prefer CISSP or working towards certificationAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom