Senior Director Business Development, U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tampa, FL 33621-5101, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description BAE Systems’ Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S), A Business Area is seeking a Senior Director Business Development, U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command. Reporting directly to the (ASFS) Vice President, Business Development, this leadership position will be responsible for the identification, qualification, development, and positioning BAE Systems for bidding are central to the role. This position requires strong selling skills and an entrepreneurial spirit to bring value to customers and our technology partners and drive growth for the business. This individual will be held accountable for customer meetings, pipeline qualifications, submitted proposals, and awards. In addition, this individual will participate and provide direction to the marketing strategy for the Air and Space Force Solutions Business Area to achieve maximum market awareness for the targeted segments.
This position is located in Tampa, Florida or other BAE regional offices and requires weekly travel to company and/or Customer locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Grow and expand I&S market coverage in U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command, and their subordinate commands pipelines, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Lead and manage a core capture team to maximize customer engagement and value proposition positioning
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in intelligence community.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies
- Participate in IRAD and B&P planning as well as overhead budgets.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant BD experiences
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience in the SOCOM and/or CENTCOM communities
- Ability to successfully penetrate COCOM markets (specifically SOCOM and CENTCOM) with a specific objective of capturing specialty aircraft C4ISR installation and integration, bringing radar/EW capabilities to the USSOCOM community, and bidding on USSOCOM unique IT
- Track record of success in leading and winning contracts >$50M
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community
- Experience leading opportunity captures, including: developing overall win strategy; shaping deals with customers; developing teaming strategies, identifying and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and assist in developing winning price
- Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from inception to fruition of a strategic campaign.
- Direct and support new business development opportunities to improve the company’s business portfolio to include marketing and customer call plans
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- M.B.A. or similar Masters including advanced Military Education
- TS/SCI level clearance
- Preferred location: Tampa, FL
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom