Senior Configuration Management Analyst, Navigation and Sensor Systems Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0506, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. is looking for an experienced Configuration Management (CM) analyst to join an organization responsible for industry-leading GPS products. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
In this job, you will:
- Develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system;
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life;
- Manage the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into products;
- Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards;
- Track all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations;
- Use or recommend automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
- Mentor members of the Configuration and Data Management team;
- Perform professional technical work that requires in-depth knowledge and diversified application of CM principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques;
- Ensure execution of CM processes across the lifecycle, and report on project status and progress measured against specific plans;
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and integrated product teams (IPTs) to modernize CM policies and processes, and provide support with implementation into an emerging digital engineering environment;
- Research emerging trends, techniques, methods, and current best practices in the evolution of CM in a model-based environment, and be willing to be on the forefront and cutting edge of this rapidly growing field;
- Routinely perform configuration analysis to ensure NSS objectives and requirements are met
- Use software applications to document the configuration status accounting (CSA) data and maintain the data in a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system;
- Prepare review packages, present data to both internal and external customers, and provide feedback to improve processes and work to meet NSS objectives;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the CM discipline and ensure cost-effectiveness and efficiency when applied to NSS objectives; Similar to 4 bullets higher
- Lead process development initiatives for the program and subsequent testing and verification of their implementation into the Configuration Management System;
- Support other jobs/tasks as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Technical Discipline, or equivalent experience is required
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
- 4+ years of work experience in configuration management is required
- Knowledge and Implementation of EIA-649 Principles and MIL-HDBK-61 Configuration Management on defense programs is required
- Experience managing or operating an electronic Configuration Management System
- Understanding of Engineering / Manufacturing / Operations processes
- Computer skills, with a solid understanding of the typical PC applications such as MS Office Excel and Word
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4+ years of work experience within a technical discipline.
- Secret Clearance
- 6+ years of work experience in configuration management
- CMPIC or equivalent configuration management certification is preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom