Senior C#/Web developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050-2903, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems in Mechanicsburg, PA, has an immediate opening for an experienced Application Developer / Web Developer who will support Logistics programs for a Department of the Navy customer. Primary responsibility will include participation in building large scale web-based applications around logistics management systems for the US Navy submarine program. Duties will include ASP.NET using C# web application development and understanding of Database Objects creation. Additional duties include support for project planning and software engineering full life cycle management. The position is located in Mechanicsburg, PA. The candidate will be part of a programming team, supporting the Logistic Data System (LDS), and will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. The selected applicant must be able to obtain a Secret level DoD security clearance.Required Skills and Education Minimum education and years of related/relevant work experience required: Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical discipline and at least 4 years related/relevant work experience.
- Implement requirements as defined by customer with Microsoft web architecture
- Strong web development skills utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (C# required)
- Oracle RDBMS experience with object creation, data structures, packages and stored procedures. (Oracle PL/SQL)
- Evaluate complex interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part
- Must possess an understanding of Configuration Management
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
Security clearance requirement: Active Secret clearance, preferred. However, candidates who are able/eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance may also be considered.
Preferred Skills and Education Highly desired, but not required:
- Familiar with AGILE development practices.
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Working knowledge of TOAD for Oracle.
- Ability to construct and read UML diagrams.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle phases, including requirements, design, development, test, documentation and implementation.
- Knowledge of database structures such as understanding table relationships, stored procedures, packages and events. (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of Source Code Configuration Control.
- OpenXML APIs.
- Web application security and vulnerability analysis.
- Cybersecurity certification (for example, Security+)
- Experience with Entity Framework (version 4 or higher)
- ASP .NET Core
- Test Driven Design (TDD) / Unit testing
- Knowledge of Trident FBM program and Logistic Data System (LDS).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom