Semiconductor Equipment Maintenance Engineer- 2nd Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Nashua, NH 03060-6909, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is hiring for a 2nd Shift Semiconductor Equipment Maintenance Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Equipment maintenance support, on 2nd shift (approx. 3pm-12am), to support the Production team to meet cycle times.
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment across multiple equipment types.
- Working with process engineer leads to troubleshoot process/equipment failures to find root cause, define and implement the solution.
- Design, execution, and analysis of experiments to screen and optimize equipment to drive continuous improvement, high uptime and process reliability, efforts.
- Lead communications with other equipment maintenance team members and equipment users.
- Work with outside vendors for specialist advice and arrange for service support where necessary.
- Quickly react to change of priorities to support fast changing production priorities
- Develop procedures for, and carry out preventative maintenance on foundry production equipment.
- Use advanced task scheduling features of production software programs to set up maintenance schedules, record completion of maintenance tasks and add any related data.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Will be responsible for routine tasks of gas bottle changes, shipping out of parts or equipment for cleaning or repair.
- Will be responsible for supporting other Equipment Maintenance activities such as parts & chemical inventories, general purchasing needs, etc.
This position requires wearing cleanroom attire and working in a cleanroom environment. As a Engineer, standing, kneeling, reaching and occasional lifting 30+lbs may be required to repair equipment.To perform some tasks, you will be required to wear PPE and must be willing to safely work with hazardous materials & chemicals.
Required Skills and Education
- Relevant technical experience in semiconductor equipment maintenance with a proven ability to work in a dynamic environment and deliver results
- Detail oriented with strong fundamentals in core semiconductor equipment engineering functions.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills for process/equipment interactions.
- Experience with Steppers, Coaters, Tracks, Mask Aligners.
- Knowledge of high and low vacuum, evaporators, sputters and deposition tools would be useful
- Practical experience applying structured problem solving methods.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Commitment to effective communication.
- Initiative to address and appropriately escalate problems to achieve rapid resolution.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Photo Lithography and vacuum semiconductor equipment is preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom