SCIF Security Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20171, US
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
The SCIF Security Specialist will perform a wide variety of administrative and operational duties in support of multiple IC customers.
This position will enforce all aspects of SCI and Industrial security program requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Administers routine aspects of industrial security and SCI programs in compliance with the NISPOM, DoDM, ICD's and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI security.
- Maintains calendar of incoming facility visitors for classified and corporate meetings
- Maintains security documentation in accordance with government requirements. Update records in the organization’s internal Security Management System (SIMS)
- Serve as primary contact for customer inquiries and visit requests. Will utilize JPAS or Scattered Castles as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for classified meetings and conferences and maintain calendars/schedule of events
- Provide initial security briefings, debriefings, foreign travel, and relevant security education and training.
- Investigates security violations and submit reports
- Prepares and maintains SCIF accreditation documentation.
- Key accountability
- Serves as Alternate COMSEC custodian.
- Supports Information System Security Officer/Manager (ISSO/ISSM) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work must be consistently planned and prioritized to support the Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) Must be able to respond to alarms and emergencies within one hour. This includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays. Core hours are M-F; 8 am - 5 pm.
Required Skills and Education
- Must have a current and active TS/SCI
- Must have minimum 4 years of experience with Intelligence Community organizations and worked in a SCIF
- Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and operate under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work and switch between tasks quickly
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to use computer software applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, security databases and email
- Willingness and desire to support all security disciplines in the organization as a team member
- Available to respond to alarms and emergencies after hours
- SSO/CSSO certification course or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Education
- COMSEC Custodian Certification
- Professional Security Certification such as ISP or SPeD
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom