Scheduler Sr Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jacksonville, FL 32226, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description Schedule Senior position to develop, maintain and analyze schedules. The Scheduler will take the lead to plan, track, analyze and report on project schedules of varying size and complexity. The Scheduler will provide key support to project and program management efforts, monitoring work flow, coordinating and tracking schedule and identifying key project delivery risks and issues.
Candidate will develop and resource load schedules using Deltek Open Plan to meet requirements in support of DoD and/or Commercial Contracts. The candidate will interact daily with program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), Subcontractor management team members and Government customer employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Maintain schedule data across small and large scale repair availabilities both US Government and Commercial.
· Develop project schedules using a Work Breakdown Structure, to include predecessors, successors, and dependencies, in order to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates. Resource load project budgets into the schedule for EVMS tracking.
· Maintain and perform validation of project schedule configurations to meet industry standards for quality health check requirements for status and reporting. Perform DCMA health metrics to ensure quality.
· Organize and meet with production and subcontractors to gather status and review impact to key milestones and events.
· Provide project schedule analysis to Project Team, listing critical path activities to key milestones and events, displaying activities that are behind schedule to baseline.
· Ensure compliance with company scheduling procedures to set and maintain baseline schedules. .
· Maintain continuous communication with Customer, Project Managers and Project Teams on the progress of the project and schedule
· Prepare schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects with weekly deliverables.
· Create “what if” scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
· Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills ·Must have Microsoft Project, Primavera, or Open Plan experience
·Must be able to obtain and maintain DBIDS
·Must have strong written and oral communication skills
·Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
·Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
·Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment
·Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
Typical Education and Experience:
8+ Years with HS
6+ Years with AA
4+ Years with BS
2+ Years with MS
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills PMI-SP Certification Preferred
EVMS knowledge Preferred
U.S. Naval Ship Repair experience desirable. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom