SCA Electronics Tech II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Keyport, WA 98345-7600, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description This position is for an IAS/ATG/OPS/GVS Maintenance Technician. Working alone or in small teams, the Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance of Independent Alarm Systems, Automatic Tank Gauging Systems, Overfill Protection Systems, or Ground Verification Systems at Department of Defense installations across the following sites:
Fort Lewis, Kitsap Subase (Bangor), McChord AFB, Puget Sound FISC (DFSP), Camp Rilea, Camp Withycombe, Pendleton AASF #2, Portland ANG (IAP), Salem AASF #1, Everett NS, Whidbey Island NAS, Yakima Training Center, Klamath Falls ANG (Kingsley Field), Umatilla Chemical Weapons Storage Facility, Air Crew Survival School Cusick, Fairchild AFB, Boise ANG (Gowen Field), Mountain Home AFB, Great Falls ANG, Malmstrom AFB
The Maintenance Technician ensures proper operation of fuel accounting, alarm monitoring and controls, and leak detection equipment. Troubleshoots electronic systems and keeps organized, detailed records of work performed. Relocation and extensive travel are required.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Your chances of being considered will greatly increase if you have ensured all the below requirements are addressed in your resume.** Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills
• Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
• Ability to acquire and maintain corporate credit card
• Ability to travel 100% required - Relocation required
• Valid state driver’s license
• High school diploma or equivalent and formal electronics training from technical school, Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or completion of four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program
- Four (4) years of practical experience, to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance, Integration, Fielding and Checkout.
- Four (4) years’ experience, to include: Supervision, and Shop Practices.
- four (4) years’ experience performing removal, installation, maintenance, testing, and calibration of Automated Fuel Handling Equipment (AFHE), Airfield Refueling Electrical Supervisions and Control Systems (ARES), or Automated Tank Gauging (ATG) automation instrumentation and sensors. Specifically, must have demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following “Series ATG Systems”: Veeder Root TLS (TLS), Ronan (X76CTM), ENRAF 854 Servo, ENRAF 818 STIC, Hectronic Optilevel HLS 3010HF, Technologies, Barton 3500, GSI-MTG, MTS Level Plus M, Pneumercator TMS3000. Expertise in corrective maintenance on the following communications devices of the ATG systems: RTU 8130 associated modules; Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) such as the Modicon U120, Allen Bradley, and GE Fanuc; Phone switches; Radio Modems, External Modems, Radio equipment
- Required Certification: Underground Storage Tank (Release Detection)
- Experience with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications
- Ability to kneel and lift up to 40 pounds and work from heights of up to 50 feet
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience installing or maintaining industrial control systems
Experience with Government fuel accounting systems (AFHE, FMD, FAS, BSM-E, ATG)
Experience with Automatic Tank Gauging Systems including one or more of the following: Veeder-Root, Ronan, Enraf, Barton, Pneumercator, Red Lion.
Experience with Independent Alarm Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Magnetrol, E&H, Fafnir, Mercoid, Omnitrol, Pneumecator, TLC, Bindicator, Devar, Aggressive Systems, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with Overfill Protection or Ground Verification Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Varec, Fafnir, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with serial data communications (e.g., RS-232, RS-485)About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom