Sales Manager - Geospatial eXploitation Products (Hybrid) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
The candidate must be a business-focused, creative, technically-capable, self-starter who can collaborate with other GXP team members to understand the customers, their needs and their challenges so that requirements can be mapped to the functionality of our software and services. Because of this, it is imperative that the candidate be a proficient sales person and problem solver. A successful candidate will have accumulated knowledge in working in the national security industry supporting DoD, agency partners and mission partners to solve complex geospatial technology challenges with ever increasing roles and responsibilities. This professional will have an knowledge of C4ISR technologies and familiar with systems environments where desktop, server and cloud based solutions have been deployed to meet mission requirements. The successful candidate will have familiarity with government procurement processes and have experience in developing requirements, responding to RFI's and RFP and working with OTAs to secure awards. The successful candidate will have a proven ISR sales or business development track record. If you are looking for a very team oriented, family type environment this is the job for you.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Sells GXP technical products and professional services to assigned customers. Develops qualified client contacts from prospecting within the ISR industry and develops new opportunities for GXP solutions.
- Provides interface between customer and GXP Customer Technical Support (CTS), GXP engineering, and product management representatives. Prepares and conducts technical solutions focused briefings for customer and company representatives that seeks to solve their ISR challenges.
- Help develop new product requirements, pricing considerations and contract requirements from customer interaction. Prepares sales forecasts and manages accounts using the Sales Force CRM toolset.
- Be a self-starter who will help grow the business through sales.
- In addition to retaining current clients (maintain the base) and attracting new ones (generating new sales), the Sales Manager will help clients solve any problems that arise when the product or service is installed. Afterward, they will continue to serve as a liaison between the client and GXP.
- Because of their familiarity with clients' mission needs, the Sales Manager will understand industry trends, risks and threats to success and create market strategies and viable business cases. Drawing on this same familiarity, the Sales Manager will help identify and develop new products and new business models with GXP management.
- The Sales Manager must be able to translate doctrine, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) into concepts, requirements, and design guidance that internal product development and engineering teams can understand.
- The Sales Manager must be able to develop broad conceptual solutions that require more than just product sales to solve customer problems by integrating capabilities and products from across the enterprise to enhance mission effectiveness. This requires knowledge of Enterprise-Class systems in the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG).
Pursuant to a specific US Government contract, selected individual must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5-10 years working experience with intelligence analysis software applications and software systems, including products from GXP.
- At least 3 years of sales , business development or equivalent experience combined with some large-scale proposal development; Enterprise Architecture; and development of Geospatial and Intelligence information systems with integration of commercial vendor technologies.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom