Radar Software Test Engineer (Relocation Assistance Available) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80920, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, has an opening for a Radar Software Test Engineer in Colorado Springs supporting a new project to develop revolutionary capabilities in Deep-Space Advance Radar.
Primary responsibilities related to integration, assembly, testing, and checkout (IATC) of high-precision tracking radar systems and associated electronic disciplines to include digital and analog signal processing, high power RF transmitters, receivers, antennas, antenna positioning systems, computers and computer interfaces.
- Performs software testing on the DARC radar system
- Prepare test plans, procedures and reports.
- Ensure effective communication between assigned engineers and all other participants in the integration and testing process.
- Support agile software development team
- Support the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Assist team in development of innovative Test Automation solutions
- Participate in, prepare and execute comprehensive system/element level test plans and procedures
- Support system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
- Document test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Support the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participate in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participate in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- Reports to the integration and test lead.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to travel is required.
- Experience with C++
- Working with customer requirements and derived requirements
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team setting.
This position requires the successful candidate to have an active Secret clearance.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
Salary Range: $78,395 - $133,307
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position will require a math background and a solid understanding of C++.
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Experience operating and/or testing radar systems or subsystems is desired.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom