Quality Supervisor/Chief Inspector Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tucson, AZ 85706, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Quality Supervisor/Chief Inspector
- Responsible to the Accountable Manager for the overall operation of the Quality department and has final authority for releasing to service airframes, engines, appliances and components.
- Responsible for directing, planning, and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods, and procedures, used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable CFRs, manufacturers’ specifications and recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining the Repair Station Manual, Quality Control Manual and Training Manual.
- Assist, supervise, and direct all personnel assigned to the Quality department.
- Assure that all inspections are properly performed and that the proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the Repair Station are completed and executed prior to releasing the product for return to service.
- Determine that all technical data on articles overhauled or repaired by the Repair Station are kept current with latest revisions.
- Assure that periodic checks are made on all inspecting tools and the calibration of precision equipment used by the Repair Station and records are current and maintained.
- Determine that no defective, unserviceable or un-airworthy parts are installed in any component or article released by the Repair Station.
- Submit reports of defects or un-airworthy conditions.
- Assure the proper execution of a maintenance release and/or FAA Form 337 when required.
- Guide the final acceptance of all incoming material, including new parts, supplies, and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside the Repair Station.
- Guide the preliminary, hidden damage, in-progress, and final inspections of all articles maintained by the Repair Station and the recording of the results of these inspections.
- Assure that the proper inspection and maintenance records, reports and forms required for each release are properly executed.
- Maintain access to applicable CFRs, Type Certificate Data Sheets, and FAA published Airworthiness Directives.
- Ensure that proper entries are made into aircraft logbooks IAW 14 CFR § 43.
- Assure that procedures used in procurement and receipt of aircraft parts will guard against “unapproved” parts entering the parts system and ensure that any such parts are detected before their use.
- Ensure that all regulations are followed as it relates to Contract Maintenance IAW 14 CFR §145.209(h) & §145.217.
- Maintain current training records of all Repair Station personnel.
- Responsible for designating appropriately trained or authorized personnel to fill the positions/responsibilities of personnel who are absent or unable to perform an assigned role responsible to the Chief Inspector.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must hold a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the Aviation Industry.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the applicable regulations of 14 CFR §145 and with the inspection methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to determine the airworthiness of an article on which maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations are being performed.
- Must be proficient in using the various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection as appropriate for the article being inspected.
- Must understand, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) Certificate is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience on different types of large airplanes with an air carrier or certified repair station is required, 1 year of which must have been as a maintenance inspector.
- Must be able to work in and around confined spaces such as fuel tanks.
- Must have working knowledge of AS9100 and AS9110 Quality Management System standards.
- Working knowledge of FOD & Tool Control, Technical Orders (T.O.), TCTO’s, FAA FARs and Aircraft Maintenance Information Systems.
- Must possess effective writing skills for duties such as documenting discrepancies found.
- Must have effective communication skills in order to deal with the both civilian and government customers.
- Must be able to use inspection measuring devices as well as a mirror and flashlight to accomplish inspections.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop and stand to accomplish inspections.
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours.
- This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom