Quality Inspector: Visual Inspection Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
York, PA 17408-8975, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Mission Systems is seeking Quality Inspectors: Visual Inspection. These positions are on 2nd Shift.
In this role, the Quality Inspector performs quality audits for conformance to drawings/specification on large structures, weldments, assemblies, and individual components, manufactured internally or procured from suppliers. Verifications include but are not limited to: visual weld and dimensional inspection, color conformance, plating, paint quality, damage, completeness of assemblies/ weldments and kits, etc. Verifications may be visual or tactile and may require use of standard precision measuring equipment. Responsible in determining appropriate accept/reject disposition and documents results within required BAE Systems repositories.
Position supports the 2nd Shift: M-F, 2:30PM – 11:00PMRequired Skills and Education
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be either VT Level II certified or be a CWI.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents (i.e. drawings, specifications).
- Familiar with weld symbols and their uses.
- Understands and can use the imperial measurement and the metric system, conversions, fractions and
- decimal equivalents.
- Basic computer literacy to include data entry skills and familiarity with standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Physically able to access vehicles in order to obtain inspection data. This includes both fitness to climb in and around vehicles and regularly required vision screening for compliance with maintaining VT certification. May require bending, stooping, crawling, reaching, awkward positioning and lifting up to 40 lbs, unassisted.
- Able to support on the 2nd Shift, M-F, 2:30PM – 11:00PM.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred experience/background but not required:
- Weld inspection tools and gauges such as weld fillet gauges, V-Wac gauges.
- Standard measuring equipment such as 6” rule, tape measure and combination squares.
- Precision measurement equipment such as calipers (both vernier and digital), height gauges, surface
- plates, protractors, gauge blocks/pins, micrometers, depth gauges, thread gauges, plain plugs and ring
- gauges, profilometers, graduated and digital measuring device.
- Material handling equipment such as jacks, hand trucks, jib cranes, etc.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom