Quality Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
BAE Systems is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Austin, Texas facility. The Quality Engineer role will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and validation of the Quality Management System (QMS) in the Business Area site to assure company and contractual quality requirements are satisfied. Responsibilities of the Quality Engineering include:
- Appling statistical techniques, trend analysis and continuous improvement tools on product, process and program performance to provide early warning indicators for the initiation of preventative or corrective actions.
- Initiating, facilitating, managing, and validating the effectiveness of root cause analysis, corrective, and preventative actions utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills.
- Reviewing and analyzing project and customer requirements, and assisting project teams in tailoring and using company procedures, methods, templates and tools.
- Establishing verification and validation processes for the inspection and acceptance of hardware, software, and data deliverables.
- Supporting project risk and opportunities process.
- Supporting project tailoring, project plan/documentation development, and other activities to establish the project's execution processes.
- Supporting the creation and execution of an effective ISO 9001 internal audit strategy to verify the conformance of processes in accordance with the QMS.
- Supporting the maintenance and upkeep of all requisite ISO records, and revision of approved quality plans and procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Supporting the coordination and execution of monthly Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and Management Reviews.
- Creating presentation materials for upper management including reports to Customers and Government representatives.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in dynamic, cross-functional teams.
- Experience working, interfacing and interrelating with diverse personnel, both operational and technical.
- Must exhibit initiative and leadership skills necessary to obtain results through collaboration with other functions.
- Strong and demonstrated communication skills (written, verbal, visual, electronic, oral) and interpersonal skills (listening, group facilitation).
- Root Cause and Corrective Action Methodology.
- Data Collection and Analysis.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, & Excel.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in ISO 9001 / AS9100 / AS9102
- Experience in AS9145 / APQP
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing Environment
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Course and Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom