Quality Director I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems looking for a Quality Assurance Director to join Navigation and Sensor Systems, the global leader in military GPS. In this role you will manage the Quality Organization to support the overall business objectives. You will oversee Quality professionals supporting our Quality Management System, high volume production, Design and Development and Supply Chain Quality. The Director will be responsible to drive permanent corrective actions using quality science tools via 8d methodology. She or he will help integrate AS9145 (APQP/PPAP) for key products utilizing DFMEA, PF, PFMEA, Control Plan, Capability Studies, and MSA. In this role, you will work closely with senior leadership to provide value-added solutions and support.
- Serves as the Quality Management Representative for the Business
- Primary leadership Interface with GPS business personnel in all Quality matters
- Supervises execution of processes, standards, and operational plans in support of Procurement strategy, including RFPs, negotiations, cost accountability, and / or program execution
- Presents Supply Chain status directly to internal and external customers
- Plans and establishes goals for effective Supplier selection and management
- Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Reviews and approves request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages
- Directs and manages supply chain professionals supporting the business
- Interfaces with Corporate Supply Chain Functions ensuring optimum integration with the larger procurement community
- Utilizes Continuous Improvement tools to improve Supply Chain processes
- Engages with Customers, Suppliers or Government Stakeholders as required to address Quality Concerns or Issues
- Interacts and coordinates with cross functional teams including Engineering, Program Office, Production and Quality.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS degree (in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems development and maintenance including ISO-9001 and AS9100.
- Experience working with Registrar Highly Desired.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance processes.
- Experience Leading Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and Design or Six Sigma.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Technical Master's Degree
- Experience in the Aerospace, Automotive, Medical Device, or other high-volume, high product assurance industry
- 5 or more years of progressive Leadership experience
- Experience with Program/ Project Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – credibility, influencing, presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft office; Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
- Strong people / interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Supply Management, Design and Development, Production, and Program Management Functions
- Strong Problem Solving and Root Cause Corrective Action Investigation background
- Working with management to address all aspects of category business plans, and pricing through minimizing commercial risk, lowering cost of ownership and meeting customers’ expectations.
- American Society of Quality Certification (CQE, CQA or CQM)
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma Blackbelt
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom