Quality Control Inspector Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dallas, TX 75252, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
- Work in a technical environment on a highly experienced team of Quality inspectors for electronic assemblies.
- Will perform Final QC of assembled electronic products, in-line QC of electronic products in various stages of completion, and incoming inspection of electronic components, including piece parts, and circuit boards.
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to visually inspect in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
- Uses various measuring devices and testing equipment.
- Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
- Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer, regulatory and BAE specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
- Reports defects to Quality, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
· Familiarity with electronics and electronic assemblies.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced highly detailed environment.
· Ability to understand workflow processes and procedures.
· Inspection for acceptability of electronic assemblies.
· Ability to perform rework, modifications and repair of electronic assemblies.
“Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status”
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
· Good oral andwritten skills
· Ability to interactwith team in communication of defects
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom