Publications Officer / Editor (St. Louis, MO) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118-3304, US
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
The candidate who fills this Editor position will be expected to:
-Provide a full range of support in the production and dissemination of finished products, specifically, working with analytic customers (authors).
-Conduct final reviews of text, graphics and other formats for intelligence products.
-Formulate simple queries for relevant databases, produce publications in accordance to standards.
-Possess professional-level expertise with electronic publishing applications - Microsoft Office Suite, QuarkXpress, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Acrobat; structured authoring software - SGML, XML, and HTML.
This position is a Level Of Effort position of undefined duration based upon customer contiuning mission needs..
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must have Three (3) to Ten (10) years of relevant experience in publishing and editing documents.
-Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
-Excellent writing, proofing, formatting and publishing skills and experience.
-Demonstrated proficiency with word processing and publishing systems/software
-Working knowledge of Worldwide Web and multimedia technologies.
- Demonstrate applicable skills and experience required to conduct the following specific Publication Officer job responsibilities:
- Publish finished intelligence products using agency publishing system and software.
- Work on multiple publishing projects with simultaneous deadlines under fast-paced conditions; perform duties in a multiple-shift, crisis support (on-call) environment, as necessary.
- Understand and apply knowledge of classification portion markings and proof final products to make sure all classification requirements are met for the software/tool and system. Consult with author, customer subject matter experts, and/or the sourcing and security policy team to verify and fix.
- Must be able to coordinate over email, phone, and instant messaging, all changes to finished intelligence products as requested by the customer and/or authoring organizations.
- In the publishing system, make all text changes requested by customer subject matter experts or the production management element; make or coordinate with visual designers to have them make changes to graphics and multimedia files as requested by customer subject matter experts or the production management element.
- Troubleshoot common technical publishing issues and investigate new issues as they arise, working with the IT support team, the customer's production management element, experts, and management to fix them.
- Serve as the office POC for troubleshooting and answering user questions regarding the publication system.
- Adhere to all publishing deadlines established by the customer..
- Attend regularly scheduled dissemination and requirements meetings and stay current with ongoing publishing-support initiatives, training programs, and any other publishing-related activities as directed by customer production management element.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence by clearly and concisely communicating work status, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns with team members, managers, and customers within various supported offices and with customer specialists on production teams.
- Participate in meetings to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates on the publishing system and day to day publishing needs and environment. Be able to communicate ongoing system issues and/or analytic office needs.
- Serve as system testers when the publishing system rolls out new code sprints and updates. Be able to identify issues while testing and make sure the system meets the customer's requirements for published products.
- Recall and revise published products, adhering to established agency guidance and procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Prefer a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related major.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom