Project Manager I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jacksonville, FL 32226, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair is supporting our US NAVY (SERMC) customer in surface ship maintenance and repair of the (LCS) Littoral Combat Ship class deploying to South America, Europe, Middle East, and potentially Africa as part of OCONUS work overseas. US NAVY has solicited (PM) Preventative Maintenance, (FM) Facilities Maintenance, (CM) Continuous Maintenance and (EM) Emergent Maintenance support of the LCS Class ships.
Preventative Maintenance work involves executing pre-planned tasks such as inspecting equipment, checking fluid levels and filters, and running test routines on shipboard components. Facilities Maintenance services will entail cleaning and preserving pre-designated areas of the ship. Continuous Maintenance work will consist of repair/refurbishment tasks that will be identified as the ship’s deployment unfolds.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans and objectives. May interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Participates in project proposal development and planning to determine period, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources throughout various phases of project.
- Communicates contract requirements, specifications and customer expectations to all departments to ensure incorporation into the shipyard business plan for the project.
- Ensures establishment of the project plan including detailed schedules and budgets for each department and phase of the plan.
- Responsible for distribution of the budget to individual departments.
- Conducts project team meetings as required to accurately determine the project status and plan and initiate action plans for success.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Prepares project reports to division and corporate management, highlighting shortfalls to plan adherence, which may need management attention.
- Accountable for contract execution in compliance with all state, federal, and overseas safety and environmental guidelines.
- Coordinates and approves all changes to project requirements or plans, receiving customer approval when required.
- Accountable for daily contact with customer’s representatives to report status, resolve issues and negotiate changes to contract requirements, whether schedule, technical or financial.
Required Skills and Education
- Overseas travel approximately 30%
- Train and certified in the US NAVY PMS performer qualification 3M 301
- Must be able to obtain any Passport and visas required for deployment
- Must be able to acquire all Synchronized Pre-deployment Operational Tracker (SPOT) registration/reporting
- Registering with the State Department (local embassy or consulate)
- Submit and Obtain DOD Theater Clearance
- Processing employees in and out of theater through a deployment center
- Meet all required medical screening
- Must be able to obtain all required immunizations per DoD
- Obtaining Geneva Conventions ID cards
- Obtaining World Health Organization (WHO) Shot Records
Preferred Skills and Education
- 10+ Years with HS
- 8+ Years with AA
- 6+ Years with BS
- 4+ Years with MS
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom