Project Manager - Hybrid Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
BAE Systems is seeking a passionate, experienced individual that will support a diverse portfolio of projects within the Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP) Program Management Organization (PMO), located in San Diego, CA.
You will be part of a high performance multi-disciplinary team that is committed to delivering exceptional results to our wide variety of customers, including domestic and international government agencies and commercial clients.
You will initially be responsible for supporting a project that requires fluency in Japanese, supporting all aspects of execution – including customer liaison, cost performance, scheduling, technical execution, risk management and problem solving. Success in the GXP Project Manager position could lead to additional responsibilities managing larger, more diverse projects and programs.
GXP believes success comes with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with and influence various functional units within GXP and BAE Systems – Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Customer Support.
- Support cross-functional teams in the development of new products and/or features
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, ensuring technical feasibility
- Support the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Statements of Work (SoW), and project schedules, including milestone tracking
- Apply multiple project management methods and skills (waterfall, SAFe Agile, etc.) to tailor the execution of projects with various scope and implementation plans
- Use communication skills to ensure team members/stakeholders are appropriately informed including awareness of project scope, milestones, and main points of contact
- Drive project work to completion, using good judgment in determining when to escalate issues to the Program Manager
- With technical guidance from other experienced associates, evaluate engineering data to ensure successful progress and completion of projects
- Participate in program reviews, technical interchange meetings/reviews, engineering change reviews and system engineering team meetings.
- Work with government customers and contracting partners, ensure customers are informed on status and progress of projects
- Support project financial planning and analysis, including engineering estimates
- Participate in the proposal development process; providing input and reviewing as necessary
- Prepare briefing materials and presentations
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP’s ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community. GXP often finds ways to improve software implementation through user conferences and regional workshops, where important feedback and insight is gathered from customers.
GXP commercial software, GXP Xplorer®, GXP WebView®, SOCET GXP®, and SOCET SET® provide customers with comprehensive image and video analysis, data management and geospatial production capabilities. These products serve government and civil customers’ needs for photogrammetry, mapping, GIS, image exploitation, precision targeting, geospatial intelligence, 3-D visualization, simulation and mission planning.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Able to read, write, and converse in Japanese
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Earned Value methods, scheduling techniques, and requirements definition
- Experience with software development programs and engineering development processes
- Ability to evaluate performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives
- Ability to interact with and effectively present information to employees, management and customers
- High degree of personal drive and initiative
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Understanding of DoD acquisition process
- Background in Project Management or Financial Planning and Analysis
- Exposure to contractual language and the process to create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with MS Project
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom