Project Manager for SE&I Programs Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description The Integrated Defense Solutions (IDS) Mission Solutions business unit is looking for junior to mid-level project managers to oversee and manage technical projects and serve as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. These positions afford the right candidates an excellent opportunity to be part of teams composed of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The positions will be based in key locations of the Mission Solutions portfolio: Huntsville, AL; Washington D.C. metro area; Wallops, VA; Mount Laurel, NJ. The Mission Solutions portfolio of programs support the Navy’s Trident II Strategic Weapons System; AEGIS Combat Systems programs; and other mission solution programs covering a wide range of combat systems capabilities including systems engineering, integration, cyber security, test & evaluation, operations, and maintenance and logistics.
This role is tailored for an candidate who is seeking a combination of a program management and technical career track. The role will require a candidate to prepare project execution plans and identify technical and business resources needed. Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assess issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team.
We are looking for experience performing Program Management duties as follows: managing task orders, formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning resources and staff, preparing and adhering to cost budgets, approving work schedules, reviewing work, resolving discrepancies, supervising personnel, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the project to subordinates. Individual must possess working knowledge of processes and practices of the Mission Solutions portfolio of programs mentioned above. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge - Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles. Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Contacts - Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Discretion and Latitude - Work is performed under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Impact - Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normal have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Liaison - Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Education Level: Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Minimum: 6-years experience for Bachelors
- Proposed: 7-years experience for Bachelors, 5-years experience for Masters
- Experience in engaging with clients to capture and prioritize business needs
- Experience with reporting and tracking requirements
- Experience with the US Navy Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS)
- Documented experience with presenting material to senior division and program leadership and other government officials
- Proven experience with analyzing business process or SOP documentation to identify areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated team player
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Multiple Locations
Certified Scum Master (or willingness to obtain)
Previous experience implementing Agile methodologies with applications incorporating Java development
Experience with supporting the intelligence community
Experience with Agile tools
Experience writing requirements as features or user stories
Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom