Project Engineering Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Join the BAE Systems Countermeasures and ElectroMagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) Team!
As the world innovator in compact Electronic Warfare systems and technology, BAE Systems Countermeasures and ElectroMagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) has rewarding project technical opportunities that are right for you! Engineers in CEMA work on the world’s most advanced electronics to create systems that protect our warfighters. In CEMA, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate for Those Who Move the WorldTM. Come build your career with BAE Systems’ Electronic Combat Solutions.
We are seeking a Project Engineering Manager (PEM) for capability development in advanced Compact Electronic Warfare Systems (ACES). These projects cover the entire life cycle including, bid and proposal, advanced development and demonstration, system design and development, product fielding, transition to manufacturing, and sustainment. You will direct a multi-disciplinary engineering team and will have full authority to plan and execute projects within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer.
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Duties:
- Engineering focal point for all activity within the projects including strategic planning, bid and proposal efforts for engineering content, engineering strategy and integrated plans on programs, engineering staffing, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical direction; plan, execute, and manage all engineering efforts within the project.
- Partner with program managers, functional engineering managers, and factories to ensure program goals, requirements, and needs are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensure engineering efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the engineering team, functional managers, and Product Line Engineering Directors, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Ensure project and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship statusRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Security clearance
- At least eight years experience in engineering development of complex electronic systems and the transition to manufacturing
- Project engineering management including organizational design, planning, estimating, design management, and product verification
- Strong team building skills that enable partnership and coordination within and across teams and functions
- Experience guiding diverse multi-disciplinary teams in the solution of complex technical problems
- Experience directing agile product development
- Experience introducing automation into development and test to increase quality and lower costs
- Experience directing DEVOPS projects with continuous development and continuous delivery processes
- Experience introducing new processes including model based engineering to address project complexity
- Experience using Design to Cost (DTC) methods; resulting in technical solutions that meet affordability and producibility requirements
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Eligible for Top Secret Security clearance
- Earned Value Management System and Control Account Management
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with AS9145 and the requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Masters degree in engineering or science (MS)
- Masters degree in business (MBA)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom