Program Manager - Space and Missile System Center Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Project & Program Management
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Program Manager to lead Program Execution and Growth within the US Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center. The Program Manager will lead system and software development and sustainment of the mission critical system and perform as the primary customer interface within the Resilient Ground Systems Product Area. The candidate will work closely with Engineering, Finance, Contracts and Subcontracts to manage cost, schedule and performance of the prime contract.
The PM is responsible for all aspects of program execution with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial and schedule performance, and risk/opportunity management. The PM has responsibility to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as the primary point of contact for the San Diego based program team. Required Education, Experience, & Skills - Demonstrated program management experience within the DoD and/or IC of full life cycle software development programs including operations and sustainment
-Experience managing a program with subcontractor business content
- Experience managing software development programs utilizing agile methodologies within a structured DOD acquisition environment
- Experience managing Cost-Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost-Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF) or Firm Fixed-Price (FFP) contract types
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the business community.
- Ensures Program Director is informed on status and progress of the program.
- Ensures the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders and program leadership
- Ability to communicate with all levels of BAE Systems engineering, financial, contracts and program controls regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk)
- Proficient with developing program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and, allocation of available resources
- Directs and monitors work results for meeting software development requirements, specifications and QA standards
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes
- Regularly evaluates performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using standard metrics
- Identifies and develops opportunities to increase the value of the project and to capture new scope via ECPs
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate independently and proactively
-Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCIPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills -Experience managing cloud-based software development teams utilizing agile methodologies
-Space Domain Ground Systems development and operations in the DoD and/or IC
-Understanding of the SMC mission, the SMC 2.0 vision, and how that translates to future ground systems requirements
-TS/SCIAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom