Program Manager - Pursuits/Business Development Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55421-1402, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description BAE Systems is hiring a Remote/Onsite Hybrid Program Manager - Pursuits/Business Development to support our Combat Mission Systems (CMS) business. This role will lead and/or support business pursuits/business development strategies for Launching Systems. The Program Manager will work across functional lines to meet strategic objectives of the program and business. The PM will use appropriate project management principles and tools to monitor and control discretionary budgets assigned to the portfolio. The PM will develop and present pursuit and strategy status at reviews with the Program Director and senior leadership. This role will report the Director of Strategy and Pursuits - Launching Systems, Submarine Programs, and Fleet Support.
- This is a Remote/Onsite Hybrid position where you can work from home 2 days a week and go onsite 3 days a week, based on business needs.
- The position will preferably be based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- The role can be based out of other BAE CMS sites: Aiken, South Carolina; Anniston, Alabama; Louisville, Kentucky; Sterling Heights, Michigan; Phoenix, Arizona; San Jose, California; or York, Pennsylvania. If based out of other CMS sites, travel would increase to 25%-50%.
- This role will work a 9/80 schedule where you will have every other Friday off, based on business needs.
- This position will require up to 10% of travel, including possibly international travel.
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises authority for planning, organizing, and controlling business development and capture activities that support strategic pursuits.
- Leads or supports initiatives to identify new business development opportunities for the business area.
- Supports the development of multi-year strategic and financial plans for the company.
- Provides program management support to capture managers.
- Develops capture plans and directs the development and preparation of proposals in response to various requests.
- Ensures that work statements are adequately defined and that staffing requirements are correct.
- Coordinates, reviews, and directs the preparation of documentation and reports as directed in the BAE Systems Lifecycle Management Guidelines and the Operational Framework.
- Ensures the coordination of work tasks with customer representatives.
- Ensures customers are informed on status and progress of assigned projects.
- Supports fact-finding and contract negotiations with the customer.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes good customer relationships.
- Represents the company at appropriate customer or sponsor meetings.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in Program/Project Management
- Experience in Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building/Maintaining
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete (ETC)/estimate at completion (EAC) processes
- Ability to support pursuits/business development strategies and initiatives
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally, including the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders and program leadership
- Ability to interface with senior internal leadership and customer personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordination between organizations
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage risk and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
- Ability to operate independently, proactively, and effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Graduate Degree a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Active Secret Clearance a plus
- Experience in Pursuits, Business Development, Sales, or related a plus
- Experience in Defense Contracting a plus
- Experience in Naval customer environments a plus
- Experience in Lifecycle Management (LCM) a plus
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom