Program Manager, CBP Data Analytics Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description This individual will have overall execution responsibility for a mission critical program supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Borders Protection (CBP). The program provides data analytics and intelligence support to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in identifying individuals and material that may present risk to the United States. As volumes of data increase, officers require more efficient access to relevant real-time information on which to base critical admission decisions. The program increasingly relies on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques to assist with the data volume.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to provide day-to-day management of the program. The individual will also be responsible for strategic oversight of the program, to include identifying relevant innovations to incorporate into the program over a five year period. The individual will have oversight of the recruitment and retention of top talent, performing Quality Assurance, and communicating verbally, and in writing to the customer to address changes and challenges. The PM also will interact frequently with internal and external senior level executives and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, contracts, and strategies. Must be comfortable leading briefings and high level meetings. Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure high levels of execution of program including cost, schedule, technical performance, staffing, quality, and customer engagement; ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project
- Official liaison between contract and customer
- Monitor and control team efficiency and operations
- Accountability for performance of all contractors
- Establish productive relationships with counterparts in other segments of the business, vendors, industry partners, customers and staff.
- Attract, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent within the business; build future leaders through mentoring and serving as a role model.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience including at least 5 years of Program Management on programs over $100M in lifecycle value. Remaining experience should be in project management or experience in a relevant field such as data analytics, intelligence analysis or AI/ML.
- Strong business acumen – highly capable of formulating and executing aggressive, but reasonable schedules in coordination with multiple subcontractor and technology vendor partners, both large and small
- Technically proficient – conversant in the data analytics and intelligence analysis missions
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, data science or related field
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Active Top Secret clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience supporting CBP
- CBP Background Investigation preferred
- Experience with large program stand-ups to include on-boarding employees and working staff through background investigation process
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom