Program Integration Manager: GMD System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD Program Integration Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Award of contract is anticipated in the September 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will lead the programmatic integration efforts for the SITR GMD Weapon System Integration team and will have the opportunity to step into a high visibility critical leadership role. This position will support the Program Director in providing integrated products, analysis and recommendations to the MDA customer. These integrated products will include content generated within the SITR contract and external to the SITR contract. A key deliverable of the program integration team is the GMD Element Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) which is an aggregation and synchronization of all GMD Integrated Master Schedules. The Program Integration Manager will be involved in all aspects of program execution. The ideal candidate will be highly engaging, team-oriented, adaptable, customer-focused and able to respond rapidly to a dynamic programmatic environment.
The successful candidate must have significant and proven program management experience with GMD programs and MDA. The Program Integration Manager will directly support the Program Director in the execution of the following areas of responsibility:
- Integrate GMD schedules and associated milestones and metrics into a GMD Element Integrated Master Schedule.
- Lead the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) activities for the SITR contract and support MDA in other GMD IBR related activities.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Oversee the Risk, Issue and Opportunity (RIO) process and integration of mitigation and capture plans into the GMD Element IMS.
- Execute Earned Value (EV) performance metrics within the SITR contract and overall GMD Element.
- Incorporate and update tools required for program execution both programmatically and technically to support evolving program needs.
- Communicate with the Government leadership for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training and task clarification.
- Ensure program efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the project teams, functional managers, and technical/engineering teams, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security.
- Ensure program and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree with 10+ years of progressive program management and leadership experience.
- In-depth experience with the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) weapon system, either as a U.S. Government employee or as a contractor.
- In depth understanding of the Missile Defense Agency organization, programs, priorities and initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in leading large teams and/or organizations to achieve common goals.
- In depth understanding of Integrated Master Schedules and Earned Value Management practices.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of Customer and internal leadership and management.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- 12 years progressive program management and leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom