Program Finance Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Anniston, AL 36201-4223, US
Finance & Accounting
BAE Systems Inc is currently recruiting for a Program Finance Manager supporting our Combat Mission Systems business in Anniston, AL. Specifically, you will support the the Anniston CAS segment and will supervise a team located in multiple states. You will be responsible for the following:
- Financial execution of multiple programs in a dynamic manufacturing environments, as well as complex Field Service and Aftermarket Spares programs.
- Provide financial leadership and acts as the site point of contact on program finance matters.
- Collaborates in all peripheral areas of Finance, including pricing, government compliance, budgeting and forecasting, and forward pricing rate development and review.
- Review of cost estimates for pricing bids and proposals for all site businesses, and ensures that they are technically sound.
- Provides a wide breadth of financial leadership and business understanding across the site, for the Forge (standard cost), Spares (actual cost) and Field Service (actual cost) businesses.
- Ensures that decisions made at the site give appropriate regard to the needs of, or financial effect on, each of the separate businesses within the site.
- Advises Operations Manager and manufacturing business unit managers of activities that may affect operations profitability and efficiency.
- Provides analytical data with interpretations and recommendations on project costs and trends to allow for prompt corrective action.
- Provides and interprets data as required for contract accounting activities.
- Maintains a professional trained staff commensurate with authorized organizational levels; performs resource management planning, ensuring maximum utilization of personnel and equipment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Working knowledge of the following: Program Finance, Financial Controls, and Budgeting and Forecasting;
Capable of efficient and relevant decision-making;
Skilled in implementing effective processes and controls;
Able to work cooperatively and occasionally lead cross-functional teams;
Able to formulate and present effective communications (orally and in written format).
Experience working within Finance in a Manufacturing Facility.
Must be able to relocate to Anniston AL
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Required education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline plus 8 years of relevant experience. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom