Production Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a Production Engineer to join the Intelligence Carry-On Program (ICOP) team. The selected candidate will work in a rapid production and testing environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The candidate will perform a variety of tasks ranging from system and software integration and test, help desk support, hardware troubleshooting, and all activities related to production verification and validation. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist the engineers and team leads in duties related to product inspection, quality control, data collection, testing, lab maintenance, and other activities as required. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires US citizenship.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and work experience relating to production, integration, repairs of hardware information systems
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Team player with positive attitude
- Security + certification, or ability to acquire certification within 180 days
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft office products and Windows Operating System
- Ability to take direction and work independently on varied tasks with adequate support
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Hold an active Secret security clearance
- Electrical technician experience
- ESD maintenance and lab management experience
- Circuit rework/repair technician certification (to Mil Standard 45743E, 2000, and 2000A)
- Hands-on expertise with cable creation, wiring solutions, and physical system repair
- Strong background in RF, with particular emphasis on military antennas and RF systems
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment to include Ohmmeters, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom