Production Control Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Control Manager will have overall responsibility for capacity planning, scheduling, and materials (warehouse/inventory) activities and is accountable for controlling, coordinating and prioritizing the flow of material in operations. This position will lead the strategic direction and initiatives that ensures product is coordinated, monitored and completes the production cycle according to schedule.
Functions and Essential Duties:
• Own and establish planning strategies to support customer needs.
• Assess and train all department personnel in Production Control skills and competencies.
• Continually explore functionality of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in effort to improve planning accuracy and efficiency.
• Drive the execution of Lean and Six Sigma through the application of continuous improvement and waste elimination efforts throughout the department.
• Strategically lead the Production Control department by establishing team direction, schedules, and key objectives.
• Develop, track and report visual metrics, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
• Develop and support teams that make suggestions; take initiative and actively implement improvements.
• Builds organizational capability through coaching and mentoring
• Coordinate with Manager to resolve production planning and control issues and provide corrective actions.
• Develop and maintain department budget.
• Perform semi-annual employee performance evaluations.
• Communicate to internal (Program management, Operations, etc.) and external customers on material status via Program and Production Status reviews.
• Leader and Initiator in Safety. Ensures compliance with all company & OSHA regulated safety requirements/standards; and environmental and ethical requirements.Required Education, Experience, & Skills • Four-year degree with emphasis in production planning and materials management or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 18 years of materials management/production control experience.
• The ability to lead, inspire, motivate, mentor and engage employees.
• Formal Lean/Six Sigma training, proven Lean/Six Sigma track record.
• ERP System advanced skills.
• Strong computer application skills.
• Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
• Proven interpersonal and employee development skills.
• Remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances.
• Own assignments and be fully accountable for their success.
• Align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most.
• Problem solving and analytical skills to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments.
• Planning, organizing and managing time to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
• Ability to work in a team environment.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills • Master Black Belt Certification strongly preferred
• Low volume, high complexity production background strongly preferred
- Military Background/Experience in Materials/Supply ChainAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom