Product Test Engineer - Aftermarket Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Troubleshoot failed circuits to component level and disposition repair procedures. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Strong with analog and/or digital electronics and embedded systems. Capable of using more advanced troubleshoot tools like the logic analyzer, boundary scan, and on-chip debugging. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes, required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
• Maintain compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
• Play an active role in assisting the team to meet quality objectives
• Promote a culture of 100% quality
• Maintain consistently high quality QD documents
• Takes part in quality investigations, including RCCA and 7-Steps, as determined by the QCE
TEST PROCESS EFFICIENCY
• Provide direct feedback to build and design processes
• Define and troubleshoot tooling
• Eliminate bottlenecks
• Increase utilization of test equipment
• Reduce inventory and maximize turnaround time
• Create, maintain and improve work instructions (e.g., test plans, OSOPs)
• Review and approve engineering changes
• Collaborate with other Process Owners to meet test process efficiency and compliance goals collectively
• Take park in ongoing collaboration regarding best practices and strategies
• Identify and communicate training needs and skills gaps in the teams, carrying out training and coaching as necessary
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- EE or EET Bachelor's Degree and some work experience or equivalent experience
- Enter FAA mandated Anti-Drug Pool. Subject to random drug testing.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing essential
- Intermediate-level technical skills and knowledge of technical requirements and system flows skills relevant to job / area of work
- Electronics troubleshooting (analog, digital)
- General understanding of electronics manufacturing process
- Ability to interpret technical specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom