Product Line Director III - Global Integrated Solutions Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Global Integrated Solutions (GIS) is an international market focused organization that leverages Electronic Systems (ES) technology and product know-how to be a market leader in the international market place. GIS is part of the Precision Strike Business Area and collaborates with all of the ES Business Areas to bring ES technologies and products to key international markets. Success in international markets is frequently determined by non-technical requirements such as attractive offset offerings, localizing production with in country partners, establishing relationships with key decision makers, and understanding the customer’s culture. The Global Integrated Solutions (GIS) Product Line Director will lead the organization focused on seeing and understanding the international markets ES chooses to operate in, expanding the network of international ES offices in these markets and expanding our business profile and success in these markets.
GIS is a geographically diverse business, with personnel located throughout the US and UK, with offices located in South Korea, Taiwan and India.
In this role, the individual will:
• Be accountable for an effective and efficient Product Line so that sales, profit, and cash flow objectives are achieved and program execution remains a top priority.
• Ensure the ongoing growth and development, as well as future locations, for offices established in foreign markets (S. Korea, Taiwan, India)
• Lead the Offset Center of Excellence in developing and delivering strategic Offset solutions
• Develop close working relationships with diverse customer portfolio in support of current programs, and to help shape future growth opportunities.
• Make strategic decisions in a fast paced competitive environment.
• Deal effectively with senior level customers and partners and resolve customer issues of a complex nature
• Accountable for penetrating new markets within the scope of the Electronic Systems capabilities and for the development of winning proposals.
• Ensure that programs within the Product Line receive the necessary support and services from the functional organizations to achieve program objectives.
• Promote a positive culture throughout all GIS and ensure an environment of teamwork, inclusiveness and fundamental respect for each person’s / organizations’ contributions.
• Collaborate across Electronic Systems to ensure successful execution and delivery of international programs, capabilities and resources.
• Accountable for defining requirements of the Product Line by disciplined manpower planning and forecasting
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- General Management leadership skills are a key enabler
- Problem Solving Ability: Requires advanced conceptual thinking in complex and/or completely new situations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information and achieve consensus.
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to negotiate at a high level with internal and external customers and partners, strong collaboration skills.
- Project Management: Project manager on large, complex projects responsible for all aspects of project objectives (performance, quality, schedule, cost)
- Risk and Opportunity management skills at a portfolio level
- Broad knowledge of ES businesses and capabilities with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other PLs and businesses.
- Potential to advance to the VP/GM level
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated ability as a customer advocate with successful resolution of customer issues. Experience in foreign market networking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute an entrepreneurial strategy
- Knowledge of the US Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process is beneficial but not mandatory
- Product Line P&L responsibility in a business with a diverse portfolio, including multiple contracts and products/services/suppliers and geographic locations.
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Demonstrate leadership in Safety, Code of Conduct/Ethics, Diversity and Security
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead an organization through a crisis using change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large groups of employees and/or teams and experience in developing teams and coaching future leaders
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom