Product Line Director/General Manager - Advanced GEOINT Systems Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) is a global supplier of advanced intelligence and cyber security products. Industry leading geospatial intelligence software, being marketed un the BAE Systems GXP™ software brand, and advanced Cross Domain Cyber Security Hardware and Software offerings enable rapid discovery, analysis, and sharing of mission-critical geospatial data across key military, security, and incident response operations, to a variety of commercial development and research initiatives.
The AGS Product Line Director/ General Manager will be an integral part of the BAE C4ISR Business Area Leadership team, leading the AGS business strategy, customer acquisition, product development and customer experience for an installed base of over 50,000 customers operating in of 29 countries. The role will be responsible for the continued growth, leading new enhancement, and managing the financial challenges of both a commercial and Defense CAS. This is a unique role that requires a detailed understanding of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) product lifecycle development and compliance with ITAR/EAR product delivery regulations into the defense, intel and international markets. The successful candidate will manage a team of approximately 300 development, sales, marketing, and support personnel both domestically and in international offices.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Responsibilities
- Lead the development of the AGS five year IBP business planning process, identifying growth strategies, investment requirements, operational improvements, and staffing plans
- Lead development of the annual AGS financial planning, business salient commitments and quarterly business updates
- Develop the commercial CAS rate structure, departmental budgets and oversee the capital, expense, direct and indirect charges for the business and staffing profiles for each department
- Consistently deliver predictable financial results that meet or beat current year operating plan
- Set strategic direction of the products to continue driving new capabilities directions to capture emerging customer needs while dealing with competitive commercial threats
- Actively manage the AGS portfolio of products, product lines, and programs, continually looking for market expansion, partnerships, and potential acquisitions that will drive the growth while improving competitive position
- Build an organization that is constantly meeting aggressive goals based on a culture of teamwork, candor, and accountability
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory processes are consistently implemented with efficiency and integrity
- Effectively communicate with clear, concise messaging at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a history of success leading highly technical commercial product development and delivery business
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 15+ years' experience working in a leadership role developing and delivering technology solutions in entrepreneurial environments
- Experience with working closely with commercial, international and government clients for requirements development and creating, bidding, and negotiating winning proposals
- Experience with information collection, processing and delivery across defense, industrial and commercial applications, including experience with development and deployment of software applications, cloud hosted solutions, mobile applications, and SaaS
- Understanding of commercial and government cybersecurity market trends (experience leading cybersecurity teams preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, or a related field with a background in technology development (MBA preferred).
- Understanding of the industry trends, risks and threats in the GEOINT market, an understanding the enterprise level systems in the National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) and preferably a detailed understanding of the AGS product lines
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing software, server, and cloud hosted product offerings.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom