Procurement Compliance Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chula Vista, CA 91911, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is hiring for an experienced Procurement Compliance Analyst (Level II) at our Ship Repair site in San Diego, CA. In this role, you will work closely with the procurement staff and management to ensure departmental compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulation and BAE Systems Policies and Procedures by:
- Reviewing Purchase Order and Subcontract file documentation as well as ERP system order accuracy
- Reviewing purchasing card utilization and monitoring compliance.
- Maintaining metrics of reviews and providing regular reporting to management.
- Providing recommendations to staff on procurement documentation adequacy.
- Providing recommendations for improvements in documentation, training, and approval authorities.
- Assisting the Government Compliance function by supporting various internal, external and sector audits.
- Maintaining accurate records of audit requests and responses, file logistics, and staff compliance statistics.
- Supporting other functional audits as it relates to procurement procedures, data, and practices.
- Supporting DCMA and DCAA audits by providing prompt records access, representing procurement in entrance/exit conferences, process walkthroughs, and meetings.
- Assisting with supplier audits.
- Working closely with procurement teams in support of compliance audit activities.
- Reviewing proposal and contract terms and conditions including applicable FAR/DFAR flow downs and making recommendations for inclusion in purchase orders.
- Assisting with maintaining and revising policies and procedures in support of Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or experience performing federal contract procurement, contract compliance, or quality assurance activities can substitute for the degree up to four years.
- The Procurement Compliance Analyst must quickly develop a strong understanding of all procurement methods, procedures and activities, compliance standards and criteria and must be able to use the available procurement data tools to carry out the compliance reviews.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel.
- Developed organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of federal prime contract procurement practices and processes
- Proven Critical/Analytical thinking.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience within a compliance/audit or quality assurance program.
- Demonstrated skills using Costpoint, SREP, HICX, or other enterprise procurement systems.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, including DoD FAR Supplement.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom