Procurement Analyst II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develops purchase orders in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements and terms and conditions. Lead procurement activities and assigned commodities required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services. Will help develop, support and execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges and marketplace conditions, ensuring alignment with the Business Area objectives. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers, creates electronic purchase orders (ePO) files for review, prepares awards and administers resulting purchase orders. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders and resolves invoicing issues. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp-up in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance to high value/complex purchase orders. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
At BAE Systems, the work you do truly matters. You develop leading-edge products and technologies and deliver world-class services that help safeguard lives, defend freedom, and solve complex problems. Our unwavering commitment to making the world a better and safer place is a constant inspiration for our employees and our greatest source of pride. With BAE Systems, what you do is more than a job. Its inspired work
We offer a 9/80 work schedule, Employee discount programs, flexible hours, growth and development opportunities along with a competitive benefits package.
Required Skills and Education Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
- Experience buying across various build to print commodities (CCA’s, mechanical/fab, PWB’s, cables, optics, etc.)
- Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
- Familiar with Special Processing/Value Add
- Strong Price Analysis skills in determining fair and reasonable pricing
- Commodity Strategy Development/Implementation
- Understanding of Counterfeit Parts Prevention Strategies
- Financial Acumen
- Project/Supplier Management
- Optimize supplier performance and minimizing risk in the supply chain
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Strong Negotiating Skills (Cost, Lead-time, Terms and Conditions, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Works well in high pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a 'make it happen' attitude
- Proficient use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or Associates Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Knowledge of (FAR) Federal Acquisition Regulation & (DFAR) Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation policies and procedures.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- 4 plus years’ experience in operations, supply chain, negotiations, price analysis or contract management.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom