Principal Systems Administrator (ITEMS UDS) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Schriever AFB, CO 80912, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Principal Systems Administrator, you will support the administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks:
- Perform desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring and security.
- Install/load Operating System (OS) and other local area system administration related functions.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to those systems.
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems, as well as escalation and status communications to agency management and internal customers.
- Configure and manage UNIX and/or Windows operating systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, infrastructure, and any combination thereof. Able to troubleshoot, as well as maintain the integrity and configuration of network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk import/exports
The Principal System Administrator is instrumental in providing comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development, from analysis of mission needs to the verification of system performance. You will have the opportunity to perform evaluations of system alternatives, assessing the risks and costs to solve some of the world's most complex IT challenges.
Note: Must be able to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph clearance.
Salary Range: $94,000 - $127,000
Please note:This range is based on our market pay structures. However,individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education:
- Senior - HS Diploma / GED & 12 yrs, Associates & 10 yrs, Bachelors & 8 yrs, Masters & 6 yrs, or PhD & 4 yrs
Must be able to lift/move/carry equipment as necessary (max 40 pounds)
TS/SCI Required. Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Must have Security+ ce or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire.
Bachelor's and the following years' experience:
- 8+ yrs
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain is a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Windows Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom