Principal Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Roy, UT 84067-3131, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is seeking a Principal Systems Administrator to support the Information Services (IS) team for the Strategic Systems, Air and Space Force Solutions business. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, driving productivity and innovation. This team supports system architecture and design, infrastructure and OS-level support, commercial tool integration, and several applications.
We are seeking an experienced, driven systems administrator who is looking to grow into a leadership role guiding a small team on technical tasks. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver who can independently identify issues and chase down solutions. The position will interface lightly with end users, clients, management, and other IT (Developers, Service Desk, Datacenter) teams.
This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain existing Windows IT systems.
- Plan, design, and develop new system architecture (Windows, UNIX/Linux, cloud).
- Design, creation, deployment, and management of the organizational data structure.
- Maintain administrative and user accounts, system performance, and documentation
- Install and configure software applications requested by end users.
- Conduct capacity and performance analysis.
- Create, update, and maintain security documentation requirements (NIST, ATO), processes, and procedures.
- Implement approved system security policies.
- Provide system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
- Use automated tools and scripts to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Support user-level requirements and escalations.
- Analyze business processes to streamline systems.
- Monitor application status and team with event triage.
- Troubleshoot and drive resolutions with vendors as needed.
- Provides technical assistance, training, and system documentation for users and teammates.
- Work as a lead and team player in a fast-paced technological environment.
- Follows up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Direct the team as needed with critical event resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond core work hours.
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active clearance is preferred but not required.Required Education, Experience, & Skills The successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative and leadership, attention to detail, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision, and demonstrate the following:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 12+ years relative experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years with a Master’s Degree.
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems and concepts.
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), as well as the ability to interact with team members, various levels of management, and clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast-learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends when required.
- If not already DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant, must receive CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification within six months of employment.
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active clearance is preferred but not required.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred skills include experience with the following:
- UNIX/Linux system administration
- Atlassian applications (use and backend maintenance), such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- SharePoint administration
- Virtualization (VMware) and cloud architecture (AWS)
- Scripting with PowerShell/SQL
- Enterprise network routing, switching, load-balancing, and firewall configurations
- Standards compliance and information assurance, such as NIST, ITAR, CCA, FedRAMP, RMF, ITIL, CMMI
- Quality assurance and change management
- Current DoD 8570 - IAT Level III certification.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom