Principal Reliability/Maintainability/Safey Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description At BAE Systems our motto is “We Protect Those That Protect Us”. Enabling this motto are engineering teams developing and producing exciting electronic equipment for the US Military and friendly forces. BAE Systems has a stimulating opportunity for an energetic well-qualified Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) Engineer to join our team. This engineer will work on teams developing and producing electro-optical, communication, avionics and Electronic Counter Measures for ground, airborne and shipboard platforms. BAE Systems’ RAM Engineers are involved with every stage of the equipment lifecycle from concept through development, Integration & Test, production and field support. The selected candidate will have significant interaction across the company including program office, all engineering disciplines and production functions and this will provide for a fast-paced, educational, and fulfilling experience. Your efforts will have a positive impact on front line warfighter’s effectiveness and daily quality of life.
The candidate will have opportunities to apply their Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) Engineering skills and their electrical engineering education to analyzing digital and analog electronics, power supplies, and systems of electronic modules, to ensure reliability, availability, and maintainability requirements are achieved. Your self-starting enthusiasm for technology, and ability to intuit and solve problems, will propel you to become an integral part of our innovation teams, influence product development, and engage technical leadership opportunities.
The RAM & Failure Reporting, Analysis, Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineer is responsible for all aspects of RAM & FRACAS activity within the BAE Systems Electronics Sector.
In this role as individual contributor you’ll provide RAM consultation and required analyses by conducting the following tasks in order to influence product reliability:
- Developing innovative technical solutions to unusually complex reliability problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity with little to no supervision.
- Performing internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues.
- Representing Raytheon Company at customer meetings as applicable.
- Providing proposal support.
- Performing reliability analyses as applicable, including:
- Conducting data and trending analyses
- Performing RAM trade-off analyses
- Assessing RAM performance (MTBF, MTBCF, Ao)
- Defining/allocating RAM requirements
- Performing Reliability Predictions
- Performing Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Performing Testability Analysis
- Design and Developing Built-In Test (BIT)
- Performing Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Performing Failure Trend analysis, Failure Investigation and Root Cause analysis
- Supporting Reliability Test Planning and Execution (Accelerated, Growth, Demonstration)
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor’s Degree in STEM discipline
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience with reliability, availability and/or maintainability engineering
- Eligibility to obtain Secret Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience developing FRACAS data trending tools
- Awareness of AS9145 standards and tools.
- Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis experience
- Electronic Warfare Systems background preferred, but not required.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and presenting data from a variety of sources
- Experience working on large teams and perhaps in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a cross functional team environment
- Experience in technical document and report generation
- Experience in interpreting circuits and engineering drawings
- Certification in the area of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability.
- Experience assessing RAM performance of fielded equipment.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its implementation.
- Experience using Windchill Quality Solutions and Reliasoft suite of tools.
- Reliability Growth software tools experience
- Familiarity with the business standard Reliability Growth planning and tracking tools
- Familiarity with Design for Reliability concepts and techniques a plus.
- Familiarity with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) planning
- Proactive and effective in addressing reliability issues with the program design and support teams
- Working knowledge across multiple support engineering disciplines
- Excellent technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom