Principal Network Engineer (Transformers - UNICRON) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Collaborate with site technicians to ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of network service for execution of IC missions.
- Responsible for switches and network configuration(s).
- Perform health and status checks on network components and analyze and resolve any anomalies, errors, and other service disruptions.
- Experience using the following software to ensure a healthy network: Cisco Prime, Cisco Ise, Cisco ACS, Putty, Cisco Command Line Interface.
- Provides network communications support for development and integration of network-centric systems, processes and components.
- Mitigate communications problems associated with IC modernization and develop/implement solutions to communications architecture shortfalls.
- Employ Enterprise-level data exchange services.
- Establish Ports and Service Requests.
- Ensure the integrity of integration, innovation and provisional communications architectures.
- Install, support and maintain communications network components as well as planning for, and responding to, communications outages and other problems.
- Routinely check the status of network communications systems.
- Ensuring all network devices are configured and functioning properly.
- Troubleshooting any networking issues that arise.
- Monitoring the network for performance issues or failing equipment.
- Analyze the network for optimization opportunities.
- Maintain backups of all device configurations.
- Maintain all network diagrams.
- Create network diagrams for new capabilities that are presented.
- Attend meetings that may require technical input.
- Provide recommendations regarding the network infrastructure.
- Manage IP databases.
- Configure new or replacement equipment.
- Install networking devices.
- Manage Ports and Service requests.
Note: Must be able to maintain an active TS/SCI CI Polygraph.
Salary Range: $101,530 - $125,500
Please note:This range is based on our market pay structures. However,individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education:
- Journeyman - HS Diploma / GED & 8 yrs, Associates & 6 yrs, Bachelors & 4 yrs, or Masters & 2 yrs, or PhD
- Bachelor’s degree (in IS Technology, Computer Science or related field) or 4 years equivalent experience.
- DOD Directive 8570 IAT II certification (Security+ or equivalent).
TS/SCI with Polygraph RequiredPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor's and the following years' experience:
- Journeyman - 4+ yrs
- NRO / IC experience.
- Four to seven years of intelligence network communications experience.
- Any experience utilizing network monitoring tools.
- Any experience utilizing Cisco Nexus equipment.
- Any experience with Network Design and Implementation.
- Any experience with Network Performance Tuning.
- Any experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Cisco Prime, Cisco Ise, Cisco ACS, Putty, Cisco Command Line Interface.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom