Principal Master Scheduler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548-3863, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description Master Scheduler - Develops, statuses, and analyzes Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
Communicates schedule impacts and proposes corrective actions to applicable stakeholders.
Develops recovery plans to ensure program milestones are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and BAE Systems’ financial plans. Use of critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required. Supports schedule risk assessments and mitigation planning. As necessary, supports cost/schedule integration in support of Earned Value Management requirements. Supports proposal activities including IMP development as required. Position requires coordination with program management, customer, IPT leads, functional leads, and CAMs.
I. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Microsoft Project expertise. Critical Path Methodology. IMP/IMS Development. Program Life Cycle Knowledge. IRAD and Proposal experience.
2. Earned Value Management experience. Experience in team coordination in an Integrated Product Team environment. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Trains and assists program and proposal teams in preparation for planning sessions and is instrumental in the generation of the proposal and/or program schedule.
4. Leads program management teams in program schedule development and updates, prepares reports for customer and/or Program Manager. Manages the status of program schedule performance against program goals. Analyses, recommends and implements, as appropriate, work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner. Assists in program phase reviews.
5. Develops critical path analysis in conformance with the Integrated Master Planning and Scheduling format.
6. Monitors program schedule performance and activities. Identifies trends, suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation. Provides independent assessment of program schedule performance to program and senior BAE Management.
7. Analyzes the results of schedule risk assessments and optimizes the schedule to ensure low risk schedule performance. Independently evaluates program risks and status, including all related internal plans and schedules, and prepares planning related presentations and analyses of findings for review by business/technical organizations and customer.
8. Ensures that all schedules prepared are well structured and fully integrated with subcontractors and/or external suppliers. Coordinates the development of cost and schedule estimates required in a Request for Proposal (RFP) and in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
9. Implements company Integrated Master Planning & Scheduling (IMPS) Dept. standards by conducting presentations, training and other informational sessions with IPTs and program management personnel.
10. Implements IMPS guidelines and procedures that are consistent with company standards and requirements.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
Does not supervise other employees on a regular basis but may provide work direction and mentoring to less experienced Planning and Scheduling personnel.
B. Supervision Received
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable judgment in determining objectives and approaches. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
III. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Within Company
Has moderate contact with management of the Business Area.
B. Outside of Company
Moderate contact with customers, vendors, other contractors, government officials, and professional organizations.
IV. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts normal physical energy.
B. Working Conditions
Normal office environment. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends.
V. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides input to proposal cost estimates. Approves proposal cost estimates for functional organization. Establishes Earned Value methodology to be used on supporting programs. Monitors SPI/CPI performance with Program Manager.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Experience developing Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for project execution, using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera / P6.
Experience implementing schedules on multiple Earned Value Management (EVM) programs.
Working knowledge of cost/schedule integration business rhythm activities including cost/schedule alignment, baseline change requests and variance analysis.
Ability to interpret program requirements via multiple sources (RFP, SOW, WBS).
Ability to engage with program teams to assist in development of WBS and IMS.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom