Principal IT/Software/Applications Administrator - HYBRID Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems has a job opening for an Engineering Tools Technical Support Analyst in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. As a key member of the Engineering Tools team, the lead support analyst is responsible for the day to day support of numerous engineering software applications including the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), Collaborator and Subversion application environments across BAE Systems. THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE (ONSITE & REMOTE)
The role is working within the Engineering Tools Organization providing technical support to engineers in their use of software development design and analysis tools. The vast majority of tools are commercial (COTS) or open source. General support activities include developing and executing installation procedures, testing, troubleshooting, responding to service desk break/fix tickets and service requests, how-to questions and documenting changes to the production environment in accordance to internal and DFARS policies and procedures.
Preferred skills include a working knowledge of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), Collaborator and Subversion and duties to include the following:
- Design, operation and support of Engineering Tools in the Classified and unclassified networks.
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), Subversion and Collaborator application support.
- Troubleshoot performance, availability and overall health of tool environments.
- Assist in planning, and upgrading of applications using Windows and Linux servers and client environments in the unclassified and multiple classified areas/locations.
- Create and maintain documentation for engineering application client and server installations and upgrades.
- Migrate existing Atlassian environments to support platform changes such as operating system, domain, or security patches.
- Support users in a timely manner using ServiceNow Help Desk ticketing system.
- Interested candidates should have good communication and organizational skills, and a general understanding of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), Collaborator and Subversion software.
- Close collaboration with peers, Engineering and Engineering Tools personnel is essential.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ certification
- General understanding of Engineering disciplines and tools.
- Experience with application support such as Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), Subversion or Collaborator.
- Experience working with virtualized environments such as VMware Workstation and VCenter.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Atlassian administrator
- Subversion administrator
- Security+ Certification
- DFARS compliance
- Security Clearance
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom