Principal Contract Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Join an award winning, dynamic and growing Commercial Software business team that provides mission critical capabilities across a growing and diverse portfolio of customers including; the Intelligence Community, International and First Responder customers. The opportunity to lead the Contracts team, for one of the leading companies in Geospatial Intelligence, offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports the Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) Product Line of the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector.
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with the internal Sales, Product Development and Professional Services teams. As a senior member of the contracts team, you will also work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives for the AGS Product Line. Strong business acumen is a must! The successful candidate will interact at multiple levels across the Contracts team and AGS leadership team.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across international and domestic environments.
- Provide guidance to Sales, Professional Services, and Product Development teams on international, government and commercial contracting methods for commercial software products and services while protecting our commercial Intellectual Property.
- Cross functional collaboration with Sales, Professional Services, Product Development, Finance and Export teams.
- Will work on existing GSA Schedule, adding products, ensuring compliance/accuracy of quarterly Industrial Funding Fee (IFF) payments.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property law and policies
- Experience with software licenses, end user license agreements including Open Source Software (OSS)
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- Experience with commercial and international contracts
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- JD or BA in Business or related field
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom