Principal Business Intelligence Administrator - Cognos Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA 20190-5228, US
Engineering & Technology
The successful candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for Enterprise Business Intelligence. This position requires that the candidate understands, uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity.
The candidate will be responsible for a complete setup and management of the Cognos environment – reports/dashboards development, administration/configuration, customization, security, etc. The candidate will regularly interact with the customers to perform requirements analysis, document and confirm the requirements with the customers, and develop and deliver solutions as per the requirements. The candidate will also contribute to the development and delivery of user training and documentation. The candidate will follow established procedures, and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up-to-date with the technology shifts through training and development.
*** We will consider a remote worker for this opportunity.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
• 15+ years of experience working in information technology industry
• 10+ years of experience developing reports and dashboards using IBM Cognos 10.2 or higher (experience with other BI tools – Power BI, Tableau, Business objects, etc. a plus)
• 7+ years of experience managing clustered Cognos environments – Server administration (install, upgrade, troubleshoot Cognos environments), performing health checks, content administration (reports/package promotion, user security).
• Experience with Deltek CostPoint, Deltek Time Collection and Deltek GovWin a plus
• Experience with Cognos reporting against Sales Force a plus
• Strong knowledge of data warehousing – Dimensional (Kimball methodology) as well as Relational (Inmon methodology)
• Intermediate to advance SQL and PL/SQL experience (Oracle) – development as well as query tuning
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Proficient with MS Visio or similar diagramming/vector programming tools – be able to develop and maintain architecture diagrams of the BI environments
• Operating Systems Experience: Windows 2012 or later, Windows 7 or later
• Virtual team collaboration tools such as WebEx, etc.
• Strong requirements analysis experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience developing user documentation and training material
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience with Cognos SDK
• Work individually and in a matrix environment
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Communicate (written and oral) effectively and demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
• Interact professionally with clients and vendors
• Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
• Meet deadlines as necessary
• Effectively work with minimal supervision
• “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom